As marketing professionals, we are continually searching for ways to extend our brand and touch our clients and prospects in a cost effective way, but how do you know your tactics are effective? Now more than ever, we should be building tools into our marketing strategy to track and analyze the results.
Tracking your marketing strategies will allow you to make targeted changes that will help strengthen your marketing as you move your brand forward. With online marketing tools like Google Analytics, Adwords and e-marketing software, tracking results becomes less of a daunting task.
An e-newsletter is just one marketing tactic that is easy to measure the results and benefits of. For example, Moiré Marketing Partners distributes a monthly e-newsletter called Purple Papers. By forming a partnership with a software provider like EMMA, you are given the ability to track open rates, clicks, bounces, forwards and even opt-outs. Our most recent newsletter produced a 40% open rate, 13 opt-outs and over 150 clicks on links within the e-newsletter, among other stats. Statistics like these help to:
- Track the success of your e-newsletter
- Adjust strategies according to what works
- Distinguish what your audience is reading and not reading - provides an opportunity to make relevant changes to your content
- Present to management and principals of your firm concrete numbers and benefits
- Save time and money on the front end when developing your marketing tactics
- Clean up your marketing list by removing bounces and opt-outs
So, remember that measurable results are as important if not more important than the design. Without measureable results, all you have is a pretty design.
What are you and your team doing to measure your marketing?